Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yuvraj scores a perfect "6" but India in no position to beat South Africa!

After having watched yesterday's performance every Indian was ecstatic. Yuvraj's timely perfect score gave our T20 team a huge total to defend. The win was a welcome relief but England had lost all its matches in the group. So there is nothing to feel overly ecstatic. We could have won by a bigger margin yesterday, but bygone is bygone.

We got off with a great start with Sehwag and Gambhir just like against NZ, but both Sehwag and Gambhir conveniently got out after having scored 50 runs a piece. I say they will not last in today's match against the SA's bowling attack because even they are great strikers of the ball(on paper) they lack the frame of mind needed to stay on the pitch for long . Once these duo are gone, we might be in a situation just like against NZ or even worse.

Then comes Uthappa, I had high hopes for this dude. I thought he would have been an asset to the current team. But he got out in the most clumsy way that anyone can imagine. I wouldn rely on this guy. Dhoni has not been playing the way we would want him to from the world cup and with the added weight of captaincy there is no surety that he'll not disappoint us. But I would like to trust him today but may be not too much. If he stays on the field long enough he can snatch us a win. And Karthik was someone I was looking forward to be a delight to watch. I don expect anything more than twenty odd runs from him today. And Yuvraj...hmmmm. I would have hoped he would play for India today rather than to prove Flintoff a point. But neways as long as he puts a huge total on board I don give a damn. He and dhoni are the only ones who can save us today in batting.

About the bowlers, I love Pathan & Bhaji. I think they are bowling well as of now but they have to be top notch today if we want to go any further. As for R.P Singh I don have any opinion, I haven't seen him play much. Other bowlers depends on whom Dhoni will pick. I think he should give Agarkar another chance. I know he has been expensive but i have this gut feeling he might fire today. As for fielding I think there is something hereditary, we just love to allow balls pass by us.

Please dont be mistaken by my tone, I am an ardent Indian team supporter but there are some things one cant ignore for a big game like today. Score board doesn't say it all,it is the team that matters in the end. And I really dont think that India has put forward an excellent team even compared to Pakistan or New Zealand.

No comments: